Sunday, May 8, 2011

For my Mom on Mother's Day

This is the Mother's Day gift I gave her.... will give her.

In honor of Mother’s Day I decided that I wanted to write out things my Mom has taught me.  Real things practical things and things specifically from my Mom.  Where to begin?  Well since there are probably a million things I could list I thought I better set a limit and since I am 28 I think I will go with: 

28 things Mom has taught me in 28 years
  1. Dusting is a chore no one likes but it HAS to be done.
  2. When Mom says something is going to break if you don’t stop... it always does.
  3. How to cook!  Thank you.
  4. Being crafty is frugal and fun!
  5. When you are having a bad day the best place to go is your “prayer closet” (for us this is literally a closet we get in and hide away and pray until it is safe for us to rejoin the world)
  6. You don’t need a college degree to be successful, you can learn anything you put
      your mind to.
  7. Reading is a privilege worth working hard for and you can never have too many books.
  8. Don’t compare yourself to others.
  9. Money is just money, you can’t take it with you.
  10. Homeschoolers don’t have to be awkward and strange ;)
  11. Once-a-month cooking is A LOT of work but makes the rest of the month super easy.
  12. Camping isn’t for the faint of heart - it requires a lot of packing and prep work.
  13. Exploring outside is the best way to grow up.
  14. It’s always hard to say No, but sometimes you have to.
  15. Let Dad pack the car.
  16. Have a voice - get involved in your local community and politics. 
  17. Being a peacemaker is VERY important in ALL relationships.
  18. Words of affirmation can make (or break if they are missing) someone’s day. I love
      you Mom!
  19. Marriage is a covenant never to be broken.
  20. Trying new things isn’t as scary as it seems before you try.
  21. Entertaining and welcoming others into your home warms the heart.
  22. If you are sorry and need to tell someone, own up to it and say sorry - Don’t buy a  
      gift! :-)
  23. Church is important but people in the church will fail you. God never fails.
  24. Being organized doesn’t mean things always have to be put away - I think we share that!
  25. If you don’t know the answer - look it up!
  26. Don’t pray for patience... you’ll end up in the prayer closet.
  27. Be a life long learner.
  28. Being a Mom = self sacrifice

No comments:

Post a Comment