Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Life Happens or WHAT A WEEK

I started writing a new post and it began like this…

What a weekend!
Thursday marked four years of marriage for me and Phil which is pretty awesome to me.  We met at the end of 2004.  We were just acquaintances then but still that means we have known each other for 7 years which is pretty unbelievable to us when we think about it.  We have lived a lot of life together in those 7 years and I am so thankful and blessed to have Phil walking beside me through it all. 


Our trip to Colorado was pretty much our anniversary celebration/present to one another.  But the rafting part of the trip really got our outdoorsy sides going and we wanted to continue the adventures once we returned to Dallas.  So we thought renting kayaks for the weekend would be a good way to spend time together and enjoy our anniversary weekend. (We kinda like to celebrate things… if you haven’t yet learned that about us. Celebrate the big, celebrate the little.)
…. That’s where it ended… last Monday.

The new post is now WHAT A WEEK!

The rest of the post from earlier and what I really wanted to share was what a wonderful weekend Phil and I had together.  We enjoyed time together, just us, celebrating 4 years of marriage and that is special because it is pretty much a variety over the last 3 years with studying and school being the number 1 priority. Saturday morning we kayaked on Lake Lewisville which was really fun to me.  We found a cove near a little golf course where we collected about 55 lost golf balls it was pretty fun to find little treasures.  Then we headed home for the afternoon (Phil and sun don’t really agree).  And while relaxing at home Phil found a deal he just COULD NOT pass up J  You may have guessed… a jeep!  So while I was completely unwilling to spend my Saturday in the dealership haggling Phil said he would take care of all that and I could just sign the papers at the end… haha (he can’t buy a car without me right now since I’m his sugar mama – being in school and all ;).  Anyway, he made the deal and we are the proud new owners of a 2008 GREEN!!!! Jeep Wrangler.  I have to admit I’m a bit sad because it is a manual but I hope to grow my confidence in driving it so I can drive it too sometimes. 
Happiest boy EVER!
Well after the Jeep was home we loaded up again and headed to Ft. Worth where we were going to meet the Dallas Downriver Club for some moonlight kayaking on the Trinity River.  Pretty Fun seeing all the lights of downtown while kayaking.  We also saw beavers swimming along and tons of birds.  The river is so low right now but we were still entertained for 2 hours enjoying a warm summer night on the water.

Sunday we ran errands in the Jeep and just hung out which was nice, Monday was a busy day at work as usual and we enjoyed dinner at home together after we went to the gym that evening together… which is VERY rare so I was so happy!

Then Tuesday morning at 2:30am Phil woke me up telling me he was in the worst pain ever in his stomach.  In my grogginess I begin offering Tums and Maalox or whatever other over the counter meds I could think help stomach pain but Phil kept pacing the house and wouldn’t have any conversation with me.  He finally left for longer than he had the previous times so I decided I should get up and go look for him… I found him on the floor of the office groaning in pain.  So I then offered the ER!  I have never seen someone in so much pain just out of nowhere and boy is it scary.  The ER ran tests and gave him good meds.  He had a CT SCAN which I got to watch it run and see all his organs which I thought was pretty cool.   Turns out he probably had a kidney stone or one trying to form.  He is okay now but boy what a night.  We didn’t get back home until 6:45 and then I had to go get all his meds so I took at sick day to catch up on rest but wasn’t too thrilled since we were in the process of launching a new website at work and it was just being delayed further.  

Oh well life happens!

The website is launched now and if you are interested in seeing it click here.





1 comment: