Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Ruffle Shower Curtain

Now complete!



I have been working on this sewing project for quite a long time, I even mentioned it in an October post. I just never got around to finishing it but yesterday ended up being the perfect day to work on it as it was too messy to go out and Phil was working. Yes, it was Christmas Day but since I wasn't celebrating with family then working on a project, drinking hot chocolate, listening to Christmas music, and watching snow fall in Texas wasn't a bad way to spend the day.

This project was spurred by Pinterest but I did my own take of several things I had seen.


Extra long shower curtain 

Split shower curtain 

Big ruffle drapes 

Lot of ruffles 

White with texture

So I set out to find the fabric I wanted and begin my creation. I ended up buying 5 yards of the main curtain material and another 5 yards of the ruffle material; enough to make 86" tall curtain so it wouldn't go all the way to the ceiling but would still add height.

One of the main reasons I wanted to make this new curtain is our bathroom only has one light and that is above the vanity which hardly provides any light to the shower area. So by allowing the curtain one to be white and two to remain open with just the liner much more light is allowed in.

We have one of the smallest bathrooms ever, so taking pictures of the final product was about near impossible but I got a few. I still need to order a dual rod shower curtain and an extra long liner but I wanted to make sure I was happy with the results before I spent any money on those.



Yes I left the edges frayed.
View from mirror
And there you have it!  I think it is a very nice change for the room.  Maybe not the cheapest shower curtain ever coming in around $60 before the rod and new liner but I've seen more expensive and this one I can at least say I made!


No comments:

Post a Comment