|This is the Mother's Day gift I gave her.... will give her.|
In honor of Mother’s Day I decided that I wanted to write out things my Mom has taught me. Real things practical things and things specifically from my Mom. Where to begin? Well since there are probably a million things I could list I thought I better set a limit and since I am 28 I think I will go with:
28 things Mom has taught me in 28 years
- Dusting is a chore no one likes but it HAS to be done.
- When Mom says something is going to break if you don’t stop... it always does.
- How to cook! Thank you.
- Being crafty is frugal and fun!
- When you are having a bad day the best place to go is your “prayer closet” (for us this is literally a closet we get in and hide away and pray until it is safe for us to rejoin the world)
- You don’t need a college degree to be successful, you can learn anything you put
your mind to.
- Reading is a privilege worth working hard for and you can never have too many books.
- Don’t compare yourself to others.
- Money is just money, you can’t take it with you.
- Homeschoolers don’t have to be awkward and strange ;)
- Once-a-month cooking is A LOT of work but makes the rest of the month super easy.
- Camping isn’t for the faint of heart - it requires a lot of packing and prep work.
- Exploring outside is the best way to grow up.
- It’s always hard to say No, but sometimes you have to.
- Let Dad pack the car.
- Have a voice - get involved in your local community and politics.
- Being a peacemaker is VERY important in ALL relationships.
- Words of affirmation can make (or break if they are missing) someone’s day. I love
- Marriage is a covenant never to be broken.
- Trying new things isn’t as scary as it seems before you try.
- Entertaining and welcoming others into your home warms the heart.
- If you are sorry and need to tell someone, own up to it and say sorry - Don’t buy a
- Church is important but people in the church will fail you. God never fails.
- Being organized doesn’t mean things always have to be put away - I think we share that!
- If you don’t know the answer - look it up!
- Don’t pray for patience... you’ll end up in the prayer closet.
- Be a life long learner.
- Being a Mom = self sacrifice