Saturday, August 6, 2011

ROAD RAGE

I’ve been brainstorming and scheming a post about driving.  I drive a lot, as most of you know, and in all my driving I have learned lessons about myself. I have also listened to extraordinary things that I might have missed out on, if not for driving so much. I have loved and I have hated Kidd Kraddick In The Morning. But beyond these things I have learned about humans.



My plight in this post is to reveal my thoughts and at least get them off my chest so, I hopefully, won’t be fuming ideas for this post so often.
First I will just start with a few rants (prepare yourself and please don’t judge me - these thoughts usually get no further than the car):
  1. Just because your “blinker” is on doesn’t mean you automatically have the right-of-way.
  2. The slowest and most obnoxious drivers are most of the time Asian. (I told you not to judge)
  3. The dumbest drivers always drive Mercedes.
  4. The rudest drivers almost always have a University of Texas sticker.
  5. Girls really drive stupid when they drive a pick-up truck!  (sorry all those of you who think you are an exception - you’re not!)
  6. When merging lanes - actually merging is required (SURPRISE) and it goes smoother if you start early.
  7. If you try to sneak in the front the cars waiting in line, I laugh at you when you don’t get in and I will NEVER let you in.  Sorry cheater.
  8. Accident on-lookers actually make me want to cause another crash by ramming them.
  9. Also, service your car people!!!  Headlights and break lights being out is really unacceptable.  Don’t tell me you didn’t notice - you easily check your reflection in the car behind or in front of you and they are usually pretty inexpensive so no excuse.
  10. Oh and if you can’t remember to turn your turn signal off once you change lanes because you are talking to a passenger or because you are on the phone... don’t drive!
  11. And if you are going to make a turn don’t just randomly brake and then at the last second turn on your turn signal... use your turn signal before breaking... duh, that’s what it is for to tell others to either prepare to slow down or to go around you. IT’S CALLED COMMUNICATION

Now onto my thoughts toward the human race observed from an automobile (as if the above wasn’t enough):
I think we have a really sad human race, especially if it is mostly observed from a car. I mean the way people behave truly reveals our heart’s nature and selfish motives. Most people would never act in “real life” as they do on the road way.  An example of this is cutting in line.  No one in public or in life would simply throw themselves in front of you and make you get out of the way all the while throwing you the “bird” as if you - by sitting and waiting your turn - actually did something wrong. (Only exception here I guess is Tickle Me Elmo at Christmas). Selfish behavior is highlighted on the road way.  I am always amazed at people who fly by me at 90 mph and glare at me going 70mph, I’m already going over the speed limit and they look at me like I’m sooooooo in-the-way. Also, watching people swerve across 5 lanes of traffic to “make” their exit is astonishing.  Sure it is annoying to miss your exit or turn but risking others lives and investments is just stupid.
I’ve thought about going “Jeff Foxworth” on people before.  I think I’ll just get a light up sign that I can type messages in like, “Your left brake light is out!”, or “Turn Signal Would Be Nice”, or “Worst Driver of the Day Award goes to YOU”, or “Nice Move”.  I mean seriously people - Here’s Your Sign!


Check out these links they could be other good alternatives:)
or this could be an option
oooooo or this could be addicting
Now I’m not one to say there should be more laws for drivers.  I think there are too many already... and survival of the fittest I think should apply.  :-) But among all the laws for driving I think having to retake and PASS Driver’s Ed should be a law.  I mean it’s like people forget the basics or something and defensive driving after a ticket is stupid.
I like the way this guy thinks! 
I’m not saying I’m a prefect driver, I definitely have my own struggle with road rage and selfish actions on the roadway but I’m just saying we should all be more conscious of the message we are portraying as a whole.
Happy driving, I'll be seein' ya!!!


My ride around town!



No comments:

Post a Comment