Saturday, August 20, 2011

My new addiction... no wait, hobby... no wait, idea motivator

Of late I feel as though I have been one very busy person.  I have been mostly playing and hanging out with friends but nevertheless I haven't really stopped and rested which I really want to because I have so many things I want to do. Hmmm that doesn't sound like resting :)  Well, as many of my Facebook friends know I am recently addicted to Pinterest.com  This isn't really a new website but it is one I finally stopped resisting and thought I would check out and of course, as I suspected, I was hooked! 
-- And what fun would it really be if I didn't hook all of my friends.  --  
So I have been spreading the word and creating more addicts :-) If you are a crafty person or a visual person that loves art, ideas, fashion, photography and DIY then this is a site that will more than likely hook you too.  I call it a virtual bulletin board where you pin up ideas you like to save for later.  They say, 
"Pinterest is a virtual pinboard. Pinterest allows you to organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. You can browse pinboards created by other people to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests."
So I have some boards, here are the highlights:
Hair Happiness: is where I store my hair ideas.  right now I am growing my hair out so I love braiding and styling in fun new ways, especially in ways that keep it off my neck, since it's 106°F out these days.  Also, I am seriously considering bangs so I am collecting the type of bangs I would like to have.  Since I haven't had bangs since 1990 I figure I better do some research, plus Phil is a bit apprehensive about the idea.

I Want To Make: this board is full of things that are awesome and I think I can actually make them. Each one is a link to a blog online where someone has created a sweet tutorial so all I have to do is use a little creativity and follow directions.  I'm hoping some of these turn into awesome but low cost Christmas presents!
One Day...: this is probably my most controversial board to date.  It is full of ideas for baby things nursery, gifts for showers, shower ideas.  All things baby.  It's true I have baby fever... but while I'm waiting for the day I get to plan for my baby I think I will practicing making things for other's.


Original Recipe
I've already put some of these ideas into action.  This week I made a recipe I found.
My "jazzed up" version
These are Peanut Butter Chocolate Crescent Rolls.  I made them as the directions said but in the end I thought they were a bit dry so I decided to "jazz" them up.  I brushed on a little oil and sprinkled with sugar, and when that didn't satisfy me I drizzled with chocolate.  Served best warm.


I also tried out one of the braids I saw:


I also made a box and got crafty wrapping a birthday present for a friend.  


Now for my next adventure.... sewing!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment