Friday, April 27, 2012

A Little of This and a Little of That.

When I wake up in the morning, the first thing I do is, if it's a week day I head straight for the shower; if it's the weekend I usually head for the coffee pot.  I'm not a morning person - I need time to wake up slowly and acclimate to the world before interacting with people is smooth.



I can hardly wait for Phil to be TOTALLY finished with all things school - to have a job and we have two incomes and no more school.


The quickest way to my heart is an unexpected kindness anything from the smallest gesture to a big thought out plan  because my top love languages are acts of kindness and quality time.


A little known fact about me is that I played the violin for four years, from 4th grade through 7th grade. When I think about that it makes me laugh because I have some of the slowest motor skills ever - how would I have ever gotten my fingers to move quickly enough.


The best part about my job is the flexibility.  I have the ability to dream up something and then learn how to do it...which rocks!  Yes it's stressful too but I am so thankful I'm not stuck confined to one task or set of responsibilities.  So for example, I have learned to setup and manage Wordpress websites, video editing, some HTML... the list goes on.


Something I just *couldn't* live without is (disclaimer... I added the asterisks because we all know we could go without most everything) my iPhone (smart phone)... now that I have grown accustom to having the luxury of it I use it all the time.  Directions, Google, weather, things around me, check depositing... I use it all the time as a function of my daily life.
Some of my favorite apps for the iPhone that I think EVERYONE should have:


BANKING
I have Chase cause that's who we bank with but other banks have them too.  I can deposit check from anywhere which is awesome.  I almost never actually have to go to the bank now.

This app rocks - so if you are at the store trying to decide if something is a good deal... just scan the barcode and it will bring up that item all over the web and you can compare prices... right there!!!

YELP of course, but I really only use it when I travel but I love to have it then.
American Airlines when I fly is a must have.

FLASHLIGHT


DROPBOX!!! If you use it.

and of course

Lots of different translations you can easily switch back and forth from and much more.


Something useful that I wish I knew how to do is crochet.  I just love all the cute stuff you can make. I could probably learn I just haven't made the time. or play the piano.  I just wish I could sit down and play something beautiful - it seems like a very relaxing talent/skill.

This is why I want to crochet cause this stuff is FREAK OUT adorable!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment