Have you ever redesigned/remodeled/updated your house? Well it is harder than you think! Or at least harder than I thought. Making decisions based on little bitty swatches and samples can make a person crazy. I think this project turned out okay. It is growing on me I guess. I honestly don't think the photos do it justice but here is the before and after run down.
Some of the main things I am glad changed are:
- An actual bar at normal bar height! It's great for company.
- The counter tops no longer have a "self" back splash and no longer have gold flecks or a worn down surface.
- Much more space between the counter and the refrigerator.
- No more random hole above the stove for old outlets or missing brick by the oven vent.
- New sink faucet!
- No more random color changing brick.
Also here is a close up of the new tile. It is a combination of glass and stone. Traditionally the tile is laid horizontally but I thought it would be a nice look vertically so that's what we did.
So here it is. Finished! well mostly...
I can't wait to get new bar stools, finish up some touch up painting and make/hang new curtains.
I'm thinking pretty girly on the curtain as the kitchen needs some frill to loosen it up a bit and possibly a rug.
So what do you think?