Wednesday, October 24, 2012

3 Decades Old

Today is the day... I'm 30.  YIKES!  I've been laughing all day because as people wish me happy birthday it almost sounds like they are offering their condolences. I really don't feel like I have much to say right now about turning 30.  I'm sure that will change at some point but for now I'll just tell you about the birthday party I had last weekend. 

Yes, again this year I threw myself a birthday party.  Maybe it's an odd thing to do but it's my excuse to have a themed party, get my guests to dress up, and create a fun atmosphere that gets remembered (for a while anyway).  This year a Murder Mystery party was on the agenda.  And as previously blogged it was going to be a wild west theme.

So I went ahead and downloaded the game which came with all the clues, invitations, a website guest could log into to find out more details and other party tips and ideas.  Of course, being me I had to design my own invitations, clues, name tags etc.
Here are my creations:


Everyone did such a great job staying in character and trying to figure out the clues that led to the murderer, it was so much fun.  So here are a few more pictures from the evening.
The Cast!

I painted chalkboard paint on the mason jar for a fun drinking glass for the evening and favor to take home.








All the ladies in character!

Cookie cake substituted for Pinterest cake disaster.







No comments:

Post a Comment