Friday, August 31, 2012

Labor Day Weekend


Over this labor day weekend I will be taking it easy I think.  We don't have any big plans which is different for us.  I'm sure we will fill it up though.  But maybe just maybe I will have some time to craft!!!

With the political debates going on right now, my thoughts are in general my political views are pretty conservative but my hubby runs more liberal (mostly because he has a lot of compassion for people and believes we need to be more community focused).  So without writing a whole boring length about my views I would say my current thoughts are that our government is pretty messed up any way you look at it and choosing one side or the other isn't going to fix it.

Today I worked a half day!!! Which is awesome!  I love my new work schedule flexibility which is to only take a 30 min lunch each day and then every other week only work a half day on Friday from home!!!

The best thing I've cooked recently was Phil has had us on a pico de Gallo and guacamole stent and I can make some mean pico and guac if I don't say so myself.  He also begged me to make some fried okra last week and I must say it was really good (my clothes, house, hair smelling of fried yuck...not so great)

The last thing I bought was milk, hair dye, pore strips, body wash... gotta love those stray trips to the grocery for milk and body wash and you come out with stuff you didn't really need.

The best movie I saw this summer was well I'm a little behind the times but we finally saw Thor and I thought it was pretty good.

The best book I read this summer was hmmm I have had a rough go of it this summer with books, I have been picking stinkers.  But my friend wrote and self-published a book that I got and enjoyed it was a very easy read for summer and I enjoyed it. It is called Creative Chaos by Kate Lynch.  And currently I am listening to Gone with the Wind which I am loving and very surprised to be loving it.  I thought it was going to be a book that was dreadfully slow and drags on and on but it is actually feels very fast paced and I love the characters. Good things too cause it is 41 discs, 49 hours!  


well that's it for now, hope you have a great LONG weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment