Wednesday, September 5, 2012

September - Compassion Blog Month

It is September! I am very excited for Fall. I actually love summer the most of all seasons but I am looking forward to Fall clothes right now and cooler weather is a must for the Fall fashions to make their way out of my closet. But those cooler temps aren't happening here this week, today it is supposed to reach 104 degrees F which is a bit outrageous.

This September is the Compassion International Blog Month where all us Compassion Bloggers are teaming up to spread the word about sponsoring children through Compassion International. I blogged a week or so ago about becoming a Compassion Blogger, blogging unselfishly with a purpose and Compassion is behind that mission.


Just this past week I received a letter from my Compassion kid who is from a rural area near Kenya. He has grown up so much from when I first started supporting him. He now tells me about how he enjoys playing music and looks up so much to the music director at his church. It is so neat to hear how he is learning and memorizing scripture. All of those things are made possible by Compassion.  

A picture he drew for me.
In one letter, I heard from him after he had received the Christmas gift I sent him.  He was so pleased to tell me that he received a suit, flour, cooking fat, sugar and tea leaves... hmmm not exactly what kiddos here would be excited to get for Christmas.  That is very humbling.

To be honest with you I can't imagine living in the conditions that most of these kids and families live in. Through Compassion they are receiving the support they need to make-ends-just barely-meet. The kids are provided education, meals, shelter and most importantly to me Biblical teaching. It is heart breaking to look through the pictures of little kiddos just waiting and hoping for someone to sponsor them. just take a look for yourself

Compassion's Mission Statement is: 
In response to the Great Commission, Compassion International exists as an advocate for children, to release them from their spiritual, economic, social, and physical poverty and enable them to become responsible and fulfilled Christian adults.
Have you ever considered sponsoring a child? Why not start today?


No comments:

Post a Comment