One kid said, "Oh! A Mariachi dog...where's the guitar?" Phil said, "A guitar would be too much for him." and the kid said, "Ah well it's all about the voice and the looks!"
Then we were joined by our friends Brittany and Isaiah so the guys left the fun and went inside to play Madden...boooo. Anyway, us girls had a dandy time watching the kids.
So many were so cute and so fun - others were rude but all in all I enjoyed the evening.
A few of my favorite kids were:
- Siblings in white shirts Sharpied (We kind of live in the ghetto so...) with Thing 1, Thing 2 and Thing 3 - in unison when they made it to the candy bowl they shouted TRICK-OR-TREAT.
- Then there was this little girl dressed as some sort of dinosaur costume that I didn't recognize and I said, "Oh happy Halloween and who are you?" and she said, "Oh I'm Natalie!" and then quickly recognized I meant what are you and she just started laughing and couldn't tell me... it was so cute.
- And then there was the Transformer kid. He posed and told me he was "transformer of the night!" - in his best 4-year-old-booming-cartoon-narrator-voice.
A few weird observations:
- Parents now follow their kids trick-or-treating in the car as opposed to walking down the side walk with them. Seriously!!! Get some exercise folks (we know your are going to eat the candy) and meet your neighbors!
- Most kids you have to force/remind them to say "Trick or Treat"
- Kids feel entitled to take a handful of candy instead of just one piece and even negotiate for three if you set a limit to two.
- Parents joined in the taking. One for the kid they were carrying and one for themselves... um weird.
So that was our Halloween evening!