Friday, September 14, 2012

This is the day the Lord has made.

Fill in the Blank Friday...

Right now the weather where I live is amazingly awesome.  High of 77...so unheard of it seems.  Of course rain is in the forecast and threatening to undo all outdoor plans for the weekend but you win some - you lose some.

The best piece of advice I've been given is live one day at a time.

God grant me the serenity 

to accept the things I cannot change; 
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time; 

Enjoying one moment at a time; 
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; 
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it; 
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life 
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.


My most favorite person in all the world is my hubby!  I'm so proud of him, I love him and all his craziness, I admire his compassion, I'm thankful for his humor, I'm honored to walk beside him.

If I were to have a "mission statement" for my life, it would be
To quote a historical document (Westminster Shorter Catechism) I will try to answer this question.  It is hard to "keep it real" and answer this because I don't always live my desired mission statement but if I were to make one this is what it would be:




Man’s chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy him forever.


My most favorite item in my closet is generally always the "newest" item is my favorite so right now it is red skinny jeans (that I haven't even worn yet), and three new tops from the JLo collection at Kohl's...they are so cute!

The best cure for a bad day is to go to sleep and try again tomorrow.  That may sound totally Eore - esk but that is generally how I feel when I have a bad day.  I'd rather just wave the white flag on the day and reboot for the next day.

Today is the day the Lord has made.  I will rejoice and glad in it.


No comments:

Post a Comment