Friday, December 23, 2011

It's Christmas Adam {Friday}!!!!

You know like tomorrow is Christmas Eve!

I have realized that not too many people are familiar with the song I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas, I think it is a pretty funny Christmas song and Shirley Temple singing just makes it so cute.  But this year I have made up my own lyrics to the same tune.

ORIGINAL LYRICS                                     MY LYRICS
I want a hippopotamus for Christmas                       I hate being sick on Christmas
Only a hippopotamus will do                                       Being sick just really won't do
Don't want a doll, no dinky Tinker Toy                        Don't want a fever, no stinky runny nose
I want a hippopotamus to play with and enjoy          I want to be well to play and enjoy.

So anyway that is silly but it was what I was singing this morning as I made coffee so I thought I would share.




On to filling in the blanks!  Of course today's blanks are Christmas themed as only appropriate.  Enjoy.

The best way to spread Christmas cheer is smile.  Not enough people smile this time of year especially when shopping, so I try to do extra smiling and be extra courteous to be poor people working retail cause shoppers/customer are mean.

The thing I love most about Christmas is probably the songs that portray the birth of Christ so well and with such joy!  FAVS: Hark the Herald Angels Sing, O, Holy Night, Hallelujah Chorus, Angels we have Heard on High



The holiday season is a time for reflecting. It is just a shame that most of the time we are so busy and distracted that we don't take time to do this.  I feel blessed to have some down moments this season for counting my blessings.

My favorite thing to eat at the holidays is probably Egg Nog.  I have a serious addition.




I will be spending Christmas with my hubby.  Just us all day! I'm so excited about that.

'Tis better to (give or receive?) Give... I love to give gifts especially when they are something unique that the receiver is surprised that I would have made or thought of getting them that.

I'm dreaming of a  relaxing  Christmas.


Merry Christmas everybody!






No comments:

Post a Comment